Current Openings 06/20/2019
Secondary Machinist / Centerless Grinder / Inspector / Receiving
- Experience and diversity is a must
- Hours 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m/. Monday - Thursday (if needed Friday is overtime)
- Job shop environment - will wear multiple hats
- MUST be proficient with manual style micrometers/calipers (applicants will be tested)
- Pre-employment drug screening/background check is applicable - we are a drug-free workplace
- Pay to be determined based on experience and skill level
- Must be creative and proficient and Snow tappers, mills, and fixturing to run parts.
- Expected to set up and operate machines in a job shop environment.
- Understand speeds, feeds, and troubleshooting for materials (steel, stainless, aluminum, brass, copper, plastic, etc).
- Ability to be a leader, teacher, and team member.
- Ensure quality through checking, testing, and educating others. /li>
- Ensure safety through checking, guarding, and demonstrating.
- Ensure proficiency by checking, rates/hours, etc.
- Experience setting up and running centerless grinders.
- Skill to hold tolerances of .0003 of an inch, utilizing micrometers and profilometer for surface to finish
- Reads blueprints, sketches, and specifications to obtain product information, such as specified material, surface finish, and dimensions.
- Inspects, measures, and verifies dimensions. Such as length, height, and finish. Using precision instruments, such as micrometers calipers, dial indicator, optical comparators, and profilometer to ensure the product meets specifications. Computes unspecified dimensions and other data using mathematics.
- Records test data for record and if necessary SPC, PAPPs, prepare graphs or charts of data or enter data into the computer.
- Maintain calibration program including scheduling and recordkeeping.
- Receives, stores, and issues material going in and out of the warehouse.
- Counts, sorts, or weights incoming articles to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices.
- Examines stock to verify conformance to specifications.
- Makes adjustments of inventory counts and stock records and report damage to stock.
- May distribute stock amount production workers, cut stock to size to fill orders, move or transport material to other departments.